Customer Success Stories - Cloetta: How the leading confectionary company in the Nordics improved its Media ROI and gained +13% more sales in Finland with Sellforte’s advanced Marketing Mix Modeling solution
- Cloetta achieved a +13% increase in incremental annual revenue in just the first five months of the collaboration, without raising media investment costs.
- Sellforte's solution identified the most profitable media channels for each brand, allowing Cloetta to enhance its media ROI.
- Continuous measurement of Cloetta's own brand campaigns, trade marketing, and promotions now occurs, enabling the team to regularly assess and enhance performance.
Founded in 1862, Cloetta is the leading confectionery company in the Nordic region and The Netherlands. Cloetta products are sold in more than 50 markets worldwide.
- The company manufactures and markets confectionery, chocolate products, nuts, pastilles, chewing gum, and pick & mix concepts.
- Cloetta owns some of the strongest brands on the market, e.g., Läkerol, Cloetta, Candyking, Jenkki, Kexchoklad, Malaco, Sportlife, and Nutisal.
- In 2019, Cloetta's annual sales were SEK 6.5 billion, and the Operating profit was SEK 732 million.
Cloetta boasts a wide range of brands and employs a versatile marketing mix, setting exceptionally high standards for modeling. Throughout the year, the company launches multiple brand-level campaigns. It utilizes a wide range of offline and online media channels in each campaign. Besides brand campaigns, Cloetta conducts numerous trade marketing and promotion activities.
Cloetta was interested in determining its marketing activities’ ROI on an ongoing basis that would enable agile data-driven decision making from different perspectives: brands, media channels, and different trade marketing activities:
- Measuring marketing activities’ ROI on an ongoing basis.
- Finding out the optimal media mix for each campaign.
- Enhancing budget allocation between different activities.
- Deep diving into brand, product category, and retailer level in terms of marketing effectiveness.
- Measuring the ROI for different trade marketing activities (e.g., retailer chain promotions, endcap promotions, floor priorities...).
- What is the proven impact of marketing activities?
- What are the most effective media channels for each brand and product category?
- How to best support sales in different retail channels?
- What are the most efficient trade marketing activities?
Cloetta gained +13% more of incremental annual sales within only five months thanks to a more efficient media mix in Finland.
- Sellforte’s solution is at the core when Cloetta’s media agency ToinenPHD allocates the media budget more efficiently between media channels.
- Each of Cloetta’s brands has its own media format-level ROI results, which enables more actionable and accurate insights for media planning.
- Results are updated on a regular basis in Sellforte’s user interface, which enables agile testing, learning, and optimizing.
- The impact was reached without increasing media investments.
- As time passes and more optimized campaigns occur, the more monetary value the solution will generate.