Customer Success Stories - C&A: How one of the biggest fashion retail chains in Europe built competitive advantage by integrating Sellforte’s solution to its campaign & marketing planning process
- C&A implemented Sellforte’s marketing and promotion effectiveness solutions to inhouse continuous insights
- The objective of the collaboration was to leverage all campaign-related marketing & business data in future campaigns and budget allocation
- Marketing and promotion teams get actionable insights for improving their commercial activities
Since its establishment in 1841, C&A has been a trailblazer in the European fashion industry, with a legacy that spans over a century.
With close to 1,400 stores in 18 European countries, the company has cemented its reputation as one of the leading fashion retailers in the region.
C&A's continued efforts towards sustainability, coupled with its affordable yet stylish offerings, have made it a beloved brand among fashion-conscious shoppers who value both quality and affordability.
Why was C&A interested in MMM?
C&A has a strong presence in both online and offline channels. Recent years have, however, highlighted the need to constantly review the channel & campaign effectiveness and ROI.
- C&A regularly leverages both offline and online media channels in its marketing efforts
- The main focus is on building brand value through various campaigns and always-on marketing
- Sellforte's analysis includes the promotions that are used in tactical campaigns
C&A aims to improve the effectiveness of its marketing and promotional activities by continuously measuring their impact. This is achieved by obtaining visibility on the following key factors:
- ROI (return on investment) for different marketing activities, and the impact of these activities on sales and traffic
- Identification of optimal media investment allocation within each media group and between brand and tactical marketing
- Actionable insights into the performance of different promotions by breaking down incremental sales into its various drivers
- Analysis and insights on the performance of various aspects of promotions, including product categories and promotion depth
Solution Outputs: Marketing Effectiveness
The marketing effectiveness user interface enables users to understand the big picture and drill down for more specific insights.
- Users are able to group and compare different campaigns against each other based on timing (season), and media-mix.
- With multiple group by and filtering options marketing team can plan future campaigns on a very detailed level based on historical media level ROI results
- Sales and margin uplifts are split on sales channels and product categories which provide with insights for even more specific planning and optimization
- Scenario planning allows team to plan future budget allocations from market, campaign type and media mix perspective.
Solution Outputs: Promotion Effectivenesss
The promotion waterfall view reveals campaigns’ incremental sales and margin uplifts, and which factors were behind these result, enabling users to dig deeper.
- The promotion sales & margin charts show the uplift when a product is promoted in stores and online, how much it cannibalizes sales & margin within same product category as a promotion, and how much of future normal-priced sales is lost due to stock-up.
- Incremental sales and margin are calculated with these components.
- Discount view lets user to understand which discount levels gives the best sales and margin uplifts