Marketing Effectiveness Service Description
This service description document provides a general description of Sellforte’s Marketing Effectiveness Service (referred to as the “ME Service” in this service description document). Sellforte reserves the right to change and modify features described in this document over time based on users’ feedback and needs without separate notice.
ME Service consists of software-as-a-service platform (Online Service), and separately agreed upon professional services.
2. USE-CASE OF THE ME SERVICE
Common business questions that the Online Service can help users analyse are following:
- How are marketing activities impacting target KPIs? (such as subscriptions, purchases, sales, margins)
- How do different media and marketing campaigns differ in their effectiveness of driving target KPIs?
To enable users to analyze these questions, the Online Service generates a statistical estimate (Analysis Results), which splits the target KPI to several components:
- Base: the outcome that would be achieved without marketing activities.
- Increment due to each marketing activity: the increase to the target KPI resulting from conducting marketing.
Based on this breakdown, the Online Service may be used to estimate financial return for each marketing investment (ROI), which are also included in the Analysis Results.
The specific scope for the Analysis Results is always dependent on the customer-specific scope agreed by Sellforte and Customer in the applicable Statement of Work or Order Form document (based on Customer’s needs, business characteristics, availability of data, price considerations for the service).
3. DATA REQUIREMENTS
To be able to provide statistical estimates of marketing’s impact to sales and margins, the user needs to provide data in accordance with the instructions from Sellforte, but including at least following data:
- Sales data: Volume and price data. If it has been agreed that analysis results are provided by sales channel, product group, geography or by other sales dimensions, the data provided to Sellforte needs to reflect such dimensions. Also margin-data is required, if analysis has been agreed to include margin ROIs.
- Marketing data: Activity (e.g., impressions, clicks) and investment (e.g., cost of impressions) data for each marketing activity that might affect the outcome metric.
- Data for external/control variables: Non-marketing data that enables a more accurate analysis, as specified in the agreed scope on the applicable Statement of Work or Order Form document. However, Sellforte cannot guarantee that such variables are included in the final model configured for Customer, as their inclusion depends on the available data, as well as whether they will have a statistically significant impact to sales, when all other factors are considered.
All data needs to be (i) accurate, (ii) in time-series format, (iii) machine-readable, and (iv) have a suitable time granularity (typically daily-level), and (v) to cover the whole modelling time period.
The scope of analysis results is always dependent on the customer-specific scope agreed by the Sellforte and Customer (based on Customer’s needs, business characteristics, availability of data, price considerations for the service) and the availability and quality of the Customer’s data.
4. QUALITY OF THE ANALYSIS RESULTS
The analytics engine of the Online Service incorporates statistical methods that the users can leverage to generate Analysis Results. As such, the quality of the Analysis Results depends on several factors, including but not limited to
- quality (e.g. validity, accuracy, and consistency) of the data provided to Sellforte;
- completeness of the dataset provided to Sellforte;
- nature of business that is being analysed;
- industry in question; and
- major external events.
Sellforte is not responsible for the reduced quality of the Analysis Results caused by low quality or incomplete data.
5. USER INTERFACE OF THE ONLINE SERVICE
The user interface of the Online Service has following features (subject to change over time):
- features for uploading and connecting data to the service;
- features for reviewing analysis results, including:
- various charts for reviewing data inputted to the service, and ability to filter the information;
- various charts for reviewing decomposition of the outcome metric with filters/selections, and ability to filter the information; and
- various chart for reviewing the ROIs, and ability to filter the information.